Abuse and DCMA
Please forward complete issue details including one of the following:
- SMTP headers
- log file with timestamps
For DMCA issues, please read the following:
MSEWB Network and the Digital Millenium Copyright Act
You are victimized by content we are hosting.
- Ensure you hold a copyright for the content, or you represent the person that does (they have given you express permission to pursue a DMCA notice).
- Send us a DMCA takedown notice. Make sure to include the following information:
- Specific URLs infringing on your copyrights (do not send us the domain name unless the content is on the default page)
- Your name, address, phone number. You should be available at these contacts.
- Email this notice (optimally as a PDF attachment) to email@example.com with subject “DMCA TAKEDOWN NOTICE”.
You are victimized by a DMCA notice we have received.
We have mailed you a copy of a DMCA takedown notice we have received, likely disabled your content, website, or possibly more! However, all hope is not lost as the DMCA process has a good procedure for getting your content back on the web immediately by filing a document to us. When you do this, our company is absolved of all legal headaches, we are able to put your content back on the net, and the original notifier would have to seek damages directly from you to take his complaint any further (so make sure you are not filing the return document solely to get your content back up). Make sure you are in the right. Assuming you are in the right, you can actually turn around and seek damages against the original notifier. Example, his illegal notification caused your site to be offline for 8 hours, and you lost revenue during those 8 hours. You can seek those damages from the notifier.
- Completely read and understand the DMCA guidelines and processes. A good place to start is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA
- Read and understand the DMCA takedown notice we have sent you. If you have any questions about it, contact the notifier on the takedown notice.
- If you believe the takedown notice to be false and you wish to have your content back online, file a DMCA counter notification. We have included a template below. You will need to replace the data in xml form. This specific template is not required, likely legal counsel will use their own form, this is fine.
- Email this notice (optimally as a PDF attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “DMCA COUNTER NOTIFICATION”.